Monday, September 17, 2018

PSALM 23

clip_image002

The names of God are like miniature portraits and promises.  
Several are represented in Psalm 23.  
Here’s a quick glimpse:

The LORD
JEHOVAH
"I AM"

is my Shepherd
JEHOVAH-ROHI
"The Lord my shepherd"

I shall not want
JEHOVAH-JIREH
"The Lord will provide"

He makes me to lie down in green pastures
He leads me beside the still waters

JEHOVAH-SHALOM
"The Lord is peace"

He restores my soul
JEHOVAH-RAPHA
"The Lord our healer"

He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake
 JEHOVAH-TSIDKENU
"The Lord our righteousness

Yea, though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death I will fear no evil
For You art with me
JEHOVAH-SHAMMAH
"The Lord who is present"

Your rod and Your staff they comfort me
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of mine enemies
JEHOVAH-NISSI
"The Lord our banner"

You anoint my head with oil
My cup runs over
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever
JEHOVAH-M’KADDESH
"The Lord who sanctifies"

                                                                                          Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment