Sunday, October 21, 2018

JEHOVAH RAPHA

He restores my soul . . . “
Psalm 23:3
clip_image002

The portrait we see of God in the name Jehovah Rapha, also spelled Rophe, Rophecha and Raphah, is healing.  In Exodus 15:26, the Lord wanted to be known as their healer, all they had to do was remain faithful to Him and His commands. "Rapha" in Hebrew means “to restore,” “to heal” and “to make healthful” in both body and soul.  The physical needs by preserving from and curing diseases and the emotional needs by pardoning sin.  God has numerous ways of healing through Jesus Christ – changing circumstances, turning sorrow into joy, restoring relationships, interjecting something unexpected or simply giving us satisfaction with His will for our lives.

Some of the promises associated with the name Jehovah Rapha include:
“Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits; who pardons all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases.”
                    Psalm 103:1-3 
“But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”
                    2 Corinthians 12:9
 
"Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed."
                    Isaiah 53:4-5
                                                                                          Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment