Monday, November 19, 2018

JEHOVAH MEKODDISHKEM

“. . . thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever
.”
Psalm 23:5-6
clip_image002

The portrait we see of God in the name Jehovah Mekoddishkem, also spelled M’Kaddesh or Maccaddeshem, is transformation.  God shares His own character and nature with us through Christ and wraps us in His very own holiness to set us apart for His purposes.  As revealed to Moses in Exodus 31:12-13, Jehovah Mekoddishkem comes from a Hebrew word meaning "sanctify," "holy," or "dedicate" and can be translated as "The Lord who sanctifies or sets you apart."  Followers of Jesus Christ are transformed into someone we could not be except for God’s grace.

Some of the promises associated with the name Jehovah Mekoddishkem:
The Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord gives grace and glory; no good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.”
          Psalm 84:11
My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.”
          John 10:27-30
Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.”
          John 14:1-3
                                                                                          Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment