Monday, November 5, 2018

JEHOVAH SHAMMATH

Yea, though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death I will fear no evil
For You are with me . . .”
Psalm 23:4a
clip_image002

The portrait we see of God in the name Jehovah Shammah or Samma is faithfulness.  Shammah is derived from the Hebrew word sham, which can be translated as "there," and occurs only once in the Old Testament in the very last line of the prophetic book of Ezekiel 48:35.  Jehovah Shammah is symbolic and indicates that God has not abandoned Jerusalem, leaving it in ruins, but that there will be a restoration, even a New Jerusalem.  It also portrays the Lord’s omnipresence and personal presence in our lives through the Holy Spirit.

Some of the promises associated with the name Jehovah Shammah:
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride.”          Psalm 46:1-3
Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”           Isaiah 41:10 
I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever.”           John 14:16
                                                                                          Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment