Monday, February 25, 2019

IDENTITY: ENABLED

Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content
in whatever circumstances I am.
I know how to get along with humble means, 
and I also know how to live in prosperity; 
in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret
 of being filled and going hungry, 
both of having abundance and suffering need.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.”
Philippians 4:11-13
In Christ, followers are enabled to do all things.  God sees strength in our living union and identification with Christ to do whatever He calls his followers to do.  We are strengthened in our souls, internally, to perform duties as a Christian and bear sufferings, afflictions, reproaches and persecutions for the sake of it.

God intends for us to be content in our circumstances, not sufficient in self but
in Christ.  Followers are to be dependent on His provision, satisfied with His
presence and able to make the best of each and every situation with His help. 

Identity references to search on your own: 
John 15:5 
Ephesians 2:8-10
I Corinthians 2:16
James 1:5

Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment